Thursday, September 01, 2011

I'm Becoming My Mother

Contribution by Stevie Kirby

My mother is the epitome of a worry wart. She worries about if the mail will come, if it will rain, if her children will get married…you name it, she’s worried about it. I always said that I never worried about anything because my mother worries enough for the both of us. Until now. Now I have two children of my own and with each day that passes, I find myself worrying needlessly. I worry about if my children are eating enough, and if I’m going to get a flat tire and be stranded with the kids in the car. I worry about if I’m a good wife and mother and how I’m ever going to get our house clean. I worry a lot about our family’s safety. I even convinced my husband that we needed a security system that I found on allhomesecurity.com. He agreed, so that’s one less thing for me to worry about. My mother always told me that I would understand why she worries so much when I have kids of my own. I think I’m actually beginning to understand.

No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain