Sometimes you need to send a gift, but a store bought item just won;t do. what can you send a person that has everything? What can you make to show your appreciation? Can you really give a gift that was an art project and not get the frozen smile with the mundane response, "OH....you shouldn't have....". yes, you can make them a gift that will impress them, show them you really care and be used throughtout time.
This is a simple asrts and crafts projects taken from DIY's Cathy and Steve segment. The following details the supplies that will be needed and the steps to complete the project.
_ 6-inch wood letter of choice
_ white craft paint & paintbrush
_ floral print scrapbook paper
_ glue stick
_ hot glue
_ tacky glue
_1 large silk hydrangea
_1/4-inch decorative ribbon (enough to go around your letter, plus 10 inches)
_small rhinestones or ultra fine glitter
1. Paint the back, front and sides of the letter with the white craft paint and allow to dry.
2. Lightly trace the letter onto the scrapbook paper. Cut out the tracing and use a glue stick to attach the paper to the front of the letter. Use your fingers to press out any air bubbles.
3. Cut 10 inches off your decorative ribbon. (This will be your hanger) Turn the letter over and attach the ribbon hanger by forming a “U” shape with the ribbon and hot gluing the ends of the ribbon to the back of the letter about 2 inches from the top.
4. Using your hot glue gun, attach the remaining ribbon around the outer edge of the letter.
5. Break apart the silk flower so you have lots of little petals. Use hot glue to attach the petals to the front of the letter. (You can glue them in a random pattern or a design of your choice) Use a drop of glue and add a few sprinkles of ultra fine glitter to the center of the petals or add rhinestones for decorative effect.
This is a gift hat will impress even the most critical person. Who wouldn't love to receive a monogram wreath? It can go in a teens' room, a front door or even in an office. Fresh flowers would be great, but dried can work well too! A gift that can be used anytime of the year...